Caribbean Rentals is a car hire company and reseller that serves 26+ locations throughout the Caribbean and we have been helping them grow their business since 2017. They can offer a car for any style and budget to their customers.
What we did
We have modified and turned our car rental website solution into a multi-vendor rent-a-car platform. Our client resells the cars of different suppliers, taking the reservations and deposit payments on their behalf. Then they connect the customer and the car rental company, providing assistance and automation in the reservation process. To deliver the project and build an efficient multi-vendor car rental portal, we have added a lot of additional functionalities to our standard car rental software:
- We delivered multi-country locations management system.
- We designed car owner profiles. The system manages car types, vehicles, commissions, locations, extras, taxes and fees on a car rental company level.
- We have added Pay Now and Pay Later options for customers. When Pay Now is chosen (during online checkout), the payment comes at a lower price, while by choosing Pay Later (48 hours before pickup) management fees are added to the total price.
- Landing pages for each country with Google Manager tags were added in order to help the marketing team for their strategy and PPC campaigns.
- Barclays ePDQ payment integration.
- Currency converter and multiple currency payments are supported.
- Automated PDF file attachments to the email notifications.
- Additional fees added to the system like ‘lost keys’ and ‘transportation service’.
- Additional security measures were added to ensure only authorized access and reservation management from the company personnel, like different user roles levels with a secure code for staff users and a history log added for all changes made on a reservation.
- Vehicle categories - vehicle types can be assigned to more generic categories.
- Partners facility - affiliate partner accounts with affiliate codes to drive traffic and sales, including an affiliate commissions system.
- Voucher codes functionality.
- Alert message bar was integrated to the site to be used in emergency situations like hurricanes that affect the reservation service.
- Fundraising functionality.
- Review and rating pages.
- Multiple SEO improvements and updates.
Key features used:
- Barclays ePDQ
- Currency converter
- Partners facility
- Reviews & ratings